Shooting winter stock photos
Winter is great time to shoot images for stock. The snow is pure white and diffuses the light, making everything look like magic.
Winter images can be fun to shoot and can become great sellers.
So gather some friends and go out for a photo shoot. Here are some pointers for you:
- the snow will fool your camera, overexpose the image a little (one or two thirds of a stop)
- tell your friends/models to wear brightly colored clothing to provide contrast
- remember to charge your batteries, they will be depleted a lot faster in cold conditions
- don’t forget your gloves, freezing hands won’t help you shoot better
- bring your tripod and jump into the pictures as well
- bring your dog/dogs along with you, they make furry, funny, bundles of joy stock subjects
- shoot some close ups, landscapes and macros if you’re at it
- protect your camera from the actual snow
- bring a list of the kind of images you’d like to shoot
- bring a thermos with hot tea to warm up after
- you can also shoot indoors and give the impression that your in the cold outdoors
Till next time, happy shooting!