Stock photography – your weekend photo shoots
Now that the weekend is just around the corner and you’ll have a bit of free time here are some ideas that will make you want to take your camera with you when leaving the house, or even keep it close at hand if you plan to stay in a cuddle with the family:
- got children? I got great news, put your studio lights or your mount on flash to work and capture images of your children playing and of your family together. Happy families are a great stock seller because these are images that make people think positive and feel warmth.
- going to the park? take your camera with you. You can shoot some editorial images: e.g. joggers, people cycling, general views, or some royalty free, depending on who’s coming with you. Organize an impromptu photo shoot with a friend if you fell like it.
- been asked to a party? Get your camera, your flash light and a stack of model releases. Capture happy people in quirky poses, make use of the available light as well and maybe there are some fireworks involved to give even more oomph to your images.
- family gathering this Sunday? Great, don’t forget your other battery. Take photos of generations of people in your family, from great grandparents to great grandchildren. They will be great stock sellers and will make everyone happy when you print them out.
- living alone? Not a problem, I have a proposal for you as well! Create some images that will show you relaxing, having a glass of wine, reading a book, having tea/coffee, watching a movie or TV. Ask a friend to pose for you if you’re not your best model.
- going to the mall with friends? Great opportunity to shoot images of happy people (women) shopping and enjoying time with friends. Check if you can shoot images in the mall so that you don’t have issues with security.
Till next time, have a great weekend and happy shooting!